Can anyone help?

Sign the guestbook
fistfull

Can anyone help?

Post by fistfull »

I bought a listed 12 ga. at an auction. I will tell you what markings it has and go from there.
It has MOD. on the barrel I believe is for modified choke?
Below that it has an F stamped in. So far I believe this to be the addition which i found to be premium?
The serial number matches the reciever and barrel. 84065
There is a U above the number on the reciever
Remington with UMC below it both in a circle and trade mark stamped, this is a stamp for the trigger assembly
patent stamp on barrel dates feb. 3 1903 and may 16 1905
There isnt a model stamped anywhere. And there isnt a gauge stamped anywhere. I took it apart and looked it over inside and out. I did match it up with a model 10 slide action or pump im not sure what the difference is. How do I know for sure what model it is? Theres 3 kinds. a model 10A, 10B, 10C. One more question. What does this do to the value of the gun?
Thanks alot for helping
fistfull

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by fistfull »

So far I have found out. It is a 1912 Rem. Model 10, 12ga. The F stamped on the barrel identifies the edition as being premium. And the A,B or C in the model number is the barrel length there where 3 lengths. 32" 28" and 26"mine is 28 1/2 inches so it would be the B edition. If anyone knows anything about this gun please inform me. Thank you