1989 Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe Questions

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
c327

1989 Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe Questions

Post by c327 »

I have been around firearms a long time, for more years than I like to think about in my 71 years of being on this planet. I wanted to ask a question about my Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe 30.06 right hand rifle that I have, I am the orginal owner.

I have been selling some hand guns and rifles from my many years of accumulating them that I know I will never use. A couple of hand guns I will keep, I will take them with me when I leave this planet :) I have the above rifle that was given to me as a gift back (family member) back in 1989 when I retired from the City of New York. This rifle has never been fired, cleaned or any ammo chambered in it. I only handled it maybe 3 times since I had it just to look at it. It has remained in the factory box ever since. It has all the factory tags and booklets still on it and in the box and is in the mint as new factory box. Actually I don't feel comfortable selling this since it was a gift (I don't need the money thank God). It has been stored in my closet since 1989 and is in new condition, box and all.

I was wondering why it was called "Custom Deluxe" I looked it over and see nothing special about the barrel or receiver, no engraving at all on the metal work. The stock is beautiful with factory checkering.

I thought I remember reading something about this rifle years ago where the factory changed something about its manufacture in the newer year 700 BDL's. I don't remember if it had something to do with the metal or stock areas ??

Would someone know what if any changes were made to this model since 1989 (besides the price) and what would a rifle like this possibly be worth retail at a fare price keeping in mind of what it is and the condition of it. I know there are no shortage of used 700 BDL's around but possibly not one that was made 23 years ago.......

Thanks all for any and all comments.
John Boy

Re: 1989 Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe Questions

Post by John Boy »

c327 ... you are off by a 100 years for your post. This category on the forum is for Pre ... 1898
Regards
John