Help with Rem-Lee Model 1899 parts?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
dwstan

Help with Rem-Lee Model 1899 parts?

Post by dwstan »

I picked up a sporterized Remington Lee Model 1899, Michigan Contract, .30 U.S.A. It's missing some parts, and I'd like to find replacements. I don't know the proper names for the parts, but I stole a nice pic from a previous poster and drew lines to the missing parts. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. I've tried Gunparts.

One missing part is the cocking piece/firing pin retaining piece. It's been replaced by a hex nut. Are there two parts missing here? On my rifle, I see what look like aligning slots in the firing pin and cocking piece, and there's something sticking out in the picture, that looks like it probably fits in those slots to align them. I drew a line to it, as well.

Another missing piece is what looks to be a tool-less bolt take-down thingy on top of the main rear bolt lug. It's been replaced by a slotted screw.

I have no idea what the other missing part is. There's just an empty slot and pin-hole in the receiver.

I'd appreciate any help, even if it's just getting the proper names for these parts. A source for them would be wonderful.
Last edited by dwstan on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwstan

Re: Help with Rem-Lee Model 1899 parts?

Post by dwstan »

Sorry. I thought I'd attached the picture. Here it is:
I picked up a sporterized Remington Lee Model 1899, Michigan Contract, .30 U.S.A. It's missing some parts, and I'd like to find replacements. I don't know the proper names for the parts, but I stole a nice pic from a previous poster and drew lines to the missing parts. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. I've tried Gunparts.

One missing part is the cocking piece/firing pin retaining piece. It's been replaced by a hex nut. Are there two parts missing here? On my rifle, I see what look like aligning slots in the firing pin and cocking piece, and there's something sticking out in the picture, that looks like it probably fits in those slots to align them. I drew a line to it, as well.

Another missing piece is what looks to be a tool-less bolt take-down thingy on top of the main rear bolt lug. It's been replaced by a slotted screw.

I have no idea what the other missing part is. There's just an empty slot and pin-hole in the receiver.

I'd appreciate any help, even if it's just getting the proper names for these parts. A source for them would be wonderful.
Rem-lee 1899.jpg
Rem-lee 1899.jpg (138.57 KiB) Viewed 1063 times