Remington Fieldmaster 572 Teal Wing Blue

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
SuperSport

Remington Fieldmaster 572 Teal Wing Blue

Post by SuperSport »

Hello everyone,

I've got a 1959 Remington Fieldmaster 572 with light wood and Teal Wing Blue metal. I am considering selling it, but wonder if there is a demand for this gun. It does not have serial numbers, only the other markings, which is how I Google'd it's age. My understanding is that 22 cal or smaller were not required to have serial numbers back then.

The condition is pretty good. It has some wear and tear, but not bad. It's been in my safe for MANY years and is quite dusty right now. I've never shot it. I inherited it from my father about 25+ years ago and I've never cleaned it because I don't want to mess with the color or clean off any patina that might be valuable??? I don't know much about guns, only what I've seen on Antiques Road Show... :oops:

Thank you for any input.
Attachments
As it is now.
As it is now.
Fieldmaster 572 TWB.jpg (65.72 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
John Gyde

Re: Remington Fieldmaster 572 Teal Wing Blue

Post by John Gyde »

We don't normally try to give values. Even with a photo (thanks) there are too many variables. Check the Blue Book of Gun Values.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

I thought about this for a couple of days but a temporary lack of judgment has possessed me into adding this reply. Ever since the introduction of "black guns" I have told friends and fellow collectors that "if it isn't made of blued steel and wood, I'm not much interested" but in viewing this piece I will have to make some adjustment to that opinion.

I was actually working for DuPont at the time these were made and no doubt viewed them at one time but like the time I spent living in New Jersey, I have tried to blot it from my mind. While this piece has "some" value it is hardly "Remington at its best".

In almost 200 remarkable years of manufacturing some of the finest, most durable, and remarkable guns I believe Remington can be forgiven for this one.

Jim
Jim Peterson
pntball650

Post by pntball650 »

if you still have this gun I would be interested in purchasing.....you can email me at pntball650@aol.com
imbaroque

Post by imbaroque »

I too would be willing to purchase this rifle. Email me at aherrett@defnet.com

Thanks.
Yuba40s

Post by Yuba40s »

These have brought some surprisingly high prices on Unbroken.