Remington 12 question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
levers

Remington 12 question

Post by levers »

I have a remington 12cs serial number 240774. Anyone tell me when this gun was made? Im guessing 1912 or 1913. Also, i have this gun and another 12c from 1911. Both have straight grip stocks with crescent buttplate. Was this standard for these guns
John Gyde

Re: Remington 12 question

Post by John Gyde »

According to Rem records your 12CS was made in early 1914. The straight grip stocks were not standard. No one knows what percentage were issued that way, but certainly less than half....
Bayaramc

Post by Bayaramc »

Dear Anyone

I just bought brand new R25 with caliber .308win and at very first shot there was bullet case jam problem and was not auto-loading next bullet. So cleaned lubed everything as described in owners manual. Then i checked again, and it seems that there was no more problem with case jam and case was freely throws away. But it can not auto load next bullet. what is the problem? Can anyone help me?

Bayarsaikhan
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

[quote="Bayaramc"]Dear Anyone

I just bought brand new R25 with caliber .308win and at very first shot there was bullet case jam problem and was not auto-loading next bullet. So cleaned lubed everything as described in owners manual. Then i checked again, and it seems that there was no more problem with case jam and case was freely throws away. But it can not auto load next bullet. what is the problem? Can anyone help me?

Bayarsaikhan[/quote]
Are you using factory ammo, imported junk or reloads???
Bayaramc

Post by Bayaramc »

Yes. I used Czech factory ammo with 180 grs. No junk, no reloads. jellier & Bellot ammo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sellier & Bellot?
That IS junk ammo, this is the dirtiest, c..., commercial ammo available.
Bayaramc

Post by Bayaramc »

Dear Admin

What ammo specifically in such cold environment in Mongolian harsh winter -25 C.
What brand or name etc?
GM Iprod

Post by GM Iprod »

Would Remington sit on barrels for extended periods of time. I have a Model 12 that the barrel shows 1929 codes and the serial is for middle 1930. Is this normal.

Did they stamp the barrel codes when the barrel came off the machine and put into stock? Or when it was installed and shipped?

Thanks in advance
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

Rem picked the parts out of bins that were not sorted. I don't know for sure, but I think the barrel code is the best indication of mfg date. Your situation is not unusual.
Jim Gordon

Post by Jim Gordon »

Hello ,I have a model 12,sn 770900 with barrel code AX. What year would this be? Where is a good source for parts. Only fired once out of 8 tries so I assume it may need a new firing pin or spring or both. I also need a butt plate for it.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Bayaramc wrote:Dear Admin

What Performer 8 benefits and ammo specifically in such cold environment in Mongolian harsh winter -25 C.
What brand or name etc?
Great question.