model 600 Mohawk sight question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
badasp118

model 600 Mohawk sight question

Post by badasp118 »

I have a 600 Mohawk in 243 non vent ribbed barrel that my wife uses deer hunting. the factory sights have been taken off and she has asked me to locate a set for her. Don't know why, she just does. guess her Leopold vx2 she stole from me isn't enough. LOL. my question is, I've heard the model 700 front sight is the same as the 600 Mohawk, but is the rear sight? I do not want to go through Numrich as I have been screwed over and over by them. I can probably locate a set, as long as I know what model sights will fit it. Thanks...... any info will keep her happy. Since she stole this rifle and scope from me she leaves everything else alone, so I have to keep her happy!
600RemGuy

Re: model 600 Mohawk sight question

Post by 600RemGuy »

I myself own no Mohawks, but have seen a few different rear (and front for that matter) site arrangements. The proper one is the same as the 788 rear site but with the shorter overall ramp. Some 788s have a longer ramp but no options are shown in the parts listing I have. All totaled, there are about 8 pieces that make up the whole thing. Rear sites may interchange but the height may be off due to barrel configuration and length. Model Seven sites are fairly unique and won't be proper.

The front site ramp is similar to but not the same as the 700. The Mohawk shares the same front site ramp as the 660,760,6,4, and 7600. The 700 may fit, but height still plays a part in proper alignment.