Remington 721 yearly totals of manufacture

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Newbloomfield

Remington 721 yearly totals of manufacture

Post by Newbloomfield »

I have seen a previous post on the Remington 725 that quotes John Lacy's book, THE REMINGTON 700: A HISTORY AND USERS MANUAL, to provide yearly totals of rifles manufactured.

I looked at the price of the book on Amazon, and it costs as much as a Remington 721, which prompted me to ask the distinguished members of this Society if someone who already owns the book could provide some totals for me.

In particular, I was interested in the number of ADLs and BDLs of the 721 manufactured by Remington, especially in the 1950s.

I also would ask if Remington produced all of these with a metal butt plate, or if there were factory models that were manufactured with a recoil pad? I assumed that all the standard production 721s were made with a metal butt plate, but is that true? Were recoil pads installed at the factory for all versions of the 721?

One more question to add to the laundry list. Why was the Remington 725 30-06 only made with a 22 inch barrel? (or am I wrong on that, too?) I have purchased a beautiful 1956 721 ADL, which has in part prompted all these questions. I should say that even if my 56 has been modified, I am still in love with it!

thank you in advance.
Newbloomfield

Re: Remington 721 yearly totals of manufacture

Post by Newbloomfield »

Sorry, I made a mistake in my first post, one of the questions I meant to ask was "were ANY recoil pads installed at the factory" (not "for all versions" of the 721).

thanks again
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

Newbloomfield wrote:Sorry, I made a mistake in my first post, one of the questions I meant to ask was "were ANY recoil pads installed at the factory" (not "for all versions" of the 721).

thanks again
Actually, you made a mistake in both posts.......you posted questions about rifles in the pistol section.

Probably unlikely you'll get any answers about rifles in the pistol section.

Den

Newbloomfield

Post by Newbloomfield »

Thanks, Den. Will repost in correct location