Model 12

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
retiredengine31

Model 12

Post by retiredengine31 »

Hello: I have a Remington Mod. 12, it has an octagon barrel, steel crecent butt plate and the serial # is 743848 with no letter prefix. Anyone have an idea as to when it was made?. it shoots like a dream and I want to give it to my son with a little info. to go with it. It is in great condition.
I have just joined and am excited to see what happens. Thank You, Chuck
Wulfman

Re: Model 12

Post by Wulfman »

retiredengine31 wrote:Hello: I have a Remington Mod. 12, it has an octagon barrel, steel crecent butt plate and the serial # is 743848 with no letter prefix. Anyone have an idea as to when it was made?. it shoots like a dream and I want to give it to my son with a little info. to go with it. It is in great condition.
I have just joined and am excited to see what happens. Thank You, Chuck
There should be a barrel date code on the left side of the barrel on one of the flats, just ahead of the receiver. You may need a flashlight and a magnifying glass to read it.

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/que ... arrelcodes

But, it would most likely be after March of 1928 as I have one with the serial number slightly higher than 729XXX.

Den

Tom H

Post by Tom H »

According to Gyde & Marcot's book, "Remington 22 Rimfires", your rifle was made in the latter part of 1928.
NRA Benefactor Member
retiredengine31

Post by retiredengine31 »

My thanks to Wulfman and Tom H. The help and advise is much appreciated.
Take care, Chuck :D