Targetmaster 510

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
amendmenttwo

Targetmaster 510

Post by amendmenttwo »

I have a Remington Targetmaster Model 510, trying to find a magazine for it. But so far none will fit and I have not been able to find a picture of a 510 that looks like this one. Maybe someone could help. On top of barrel forward of the rear sight is the following.
REMINGTON ARMS CO. INC. ILION NY * MADE IN USA-PATENTS PENDING. Just behind that TARGETMASTER * REG US PAT OFF * MODEL 510. Just behind rear sight REMINGTON * REG US PAT OFF * 22SHORT,LONG * OR LONG RIFLE. Just below that and back before receiver is marked LL 4. On bottom of stock behind take down screw is a brass plate about 2.69" long by 0.99" wide in the center of the plate is the magazine slot about 1.40" long by 0.55" wide at the front and 0.73" wide at the rear, with a vee notch cut into the plate pointing toward trigger guard. The magazine that I received is too small for the opening and it looks like the correct magazine will lock on the spur coming down from the receiver. Will be very thankful for any help given.
John Gyde

Re: Targetmaster 510

Post by John Gyde »

The M/510 is a single shot. It sounds like someone has tried to turn it into a repeater. The brass part you mention is not Remington.
KingpenM3

Re: Targetmaster 510

Post by KingpenM3 »

My guess is that someone put a 511 stock underneath a 510 action/barrel. Or maybe a 510 barrel on a 511 action/stock.