Remington 141 action bar covers

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
TRM1941

Remington 141 action bar covers

Post by TRM1941 »

I am in need of an action bar cover as are others I suppose. If anyone has one I'd be glad to pay well for it. Also has anyone heard of covers being manufactured by 3D printing in some kind plastic or computerized milling?
nambujim

Re: Remington 141 action bar covers

Post by nambujim »

Action bar covers for the 14 & 141 are THE most broken part because of the flange. Action bar covers for the 141 are specific and have an indentation running the entire length mainly to compensate for the larger diameter barrel.

I all the years I have been working on these rifles I must have had at least 30 different people come up with ideas on how to produce a replacement cover. Most of these come from folks that say they are experienced machinists, one or two even milled a few out of bar stock but the problem is they need to flex and run in the grooves of the action bar itself. I will admit to being an "old guy" but good luck making them out of plastic on a 3D printer. There is a variation of the 141 cover used on the early guns that used Model 14 Barrels.......... then a bit later using transition barrels with the magazine ring boss still in place. These covers are smooth on top except for about 1-1/4" indentation down the center near the frame, they will "usually" work on later 141's.

I have a one with the full length indentation I'd be willing to sell but the price is stiff, $65 + $7 postage. I have a couple of early covers for $55 + $7 postage but they will fit only the very early Model 14's like under serial 30,000. If you think the price too high or choose not to purchase I fully understand, you won't hurt my feelings, they are getting near impossible to find.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC

nambujim@charlotte.twcbc.com
Jim Peterson
TRM1941

Post by TRM1941 »

That sounds very fair. I believe I have your address from an earlier post as follows. Jim Peterson, 7420 Leharne Drive, Charlotte, NC 28270. I'll send a USPS money order if this is correct.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

Roger that, be very careful with the installation so the flange doesn't get bent.

Glad this worked out for you.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson