.32 remington ammo

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
hilnder4u

.32 remington ammo

Post by hilnder4u »

Not sure this is even the right place to be posting this but taking a chance. Im new to the forum and just recently inherited a few 100 rounds of vintage .32 remington. Im thinking of selling them but have no idea of what they are worth. Can someone give me an idea of how much a box is going for?
nambujim

Re: .32 remington ammo

Post by nambujim »

I will be glad to give you $25 a box for it, its worth more than that but I can always use it. That being said, I would think you will get multiple offers for it on this site if you give it some time. It is hard to find. If you want a quick sale I'm your man and would use it to supply my customers but as I said you will probably get multiple offers off the site.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC

nambujim@charlotte.twcbc.com
Jim Peterson
hilnder4u

Post by hilnder4u »

Thanks for the info Jim...i still havent decided what i want to do with it. Its either buy new brass and reload some new .32 rem. And sell the vintage rounds as vintage or just shoot the rounds and reload the old brass..with the rounds i also inherited my great great uncles model 14 remington. Itching to see how the old girl shoots.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

If you are going to shoot the rifle I would use that ammunition and reload the brass, finding brass with the proper head stamp is exceptionally difficult. You didn't say how old it is but unless its from the 1912-1930 era which could run up to $100 box to collectors I would shoot it and reload. Set your reloading dies using one of the factory rounds, use only round nose bullets only , and always use a factory crimp die.

Behave!

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
hilnder4u

Post by hilnder4u »

Thanks once again Jim for the info..not sure how old the rou ds are. Not sure if my grandfather or my great great uncle procured them. I do know the model 14 belonged to my great great uncle and he died in 1918..ill have to take abetter look.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

Early boxes of this ammunition were tan or light brown but have aged over the years and will darken considerably. The old boxes opened from the top and were sealed all the way around unlike the boxes today that open at both ends. If yours are two-piece tan colored boxes they have considerable age to them and are collectible and goodness knows what type powder they have.

Pictures would be helpful.
Jim Peterson
LeftyDon

Post by LeftyDon »

Finding new bullets to reload into your brass is not the easiest thing in the world at this time. So many are out of stock and no reorders allowed. Brass for any of the 25, 30 & 32 REM is real hard to find at the moment and guys with 35 REM rifles are even having a hard time finding that ammo. So what ever you do realize that you'll need to start looking ASAP for supplies. Any old Winchester Silvertip bullets have a following and are worth pulling and saving and using modern bullets for plinking.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

Hey Lefty!
Yeah, finding brass and bullets for these calibers has become a bummer but if you're loading .32 Remington an easy fix for bullets is to use Hornady 8MM bullets and they seem much more readily available in RN. They are .323 instead of .321 and tests I ran with a "noted" local gun writer found they grouped better. Go figure!

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson