Model 513T missing date code.....

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
GraniteState

Model 513T missing date code.....

Post by GraniteState »

I just inherited my fathers old 513T MatchMaster and the date code is missing. It's stamped with a weird symbol, but no letters. I thought it might be under the stock, but the only thing there was a single "C" on the bottom side of the barrel. He received it from his brother in the late 40's and the serial number is 94534. I have searched the internet to no avail, only spotty info. Any thoughts?
Attachments
No date code, just this symbol
No date code, just this symbol
Rem 2.JPG (125.55 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
GraniteState

Re: Model 513T missing date code.....

Post by GraniteState »

The marking on the bottom of the barrel, sort of a double hit "C"
Attachments
Right side of barrel
Right side of barrel
Rem 3.JPG (103.54 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
Rem 1.JPG
Rem 1.JPG (115.43 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
GraniteState

Re: Model 513T missing date code.....

Post by GraniteState »

Update:

I just got off the phone with Remington. After 15 minutes and a couple of people, I got the right person and he researched the serial number and determined it was from 1942. He did not have a month, but I'm happy with just the year at this point. He said that sometimes the date was not stamped and the symbols were markings to indicate certain things within the production. I would be interested in knowing what they meant, but that would take some serious digging.

Thought you might be interested to know. Thanks for viewing. I'll let you know how it turns out after I clean it up and take it to the range.