Model 121

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
petem

Model 121

Post by petem »

Hello,
I just picked up a Model 121 that has "DRR" stamped on the barrel. If I'm reading it correctly, that makes it made in September 1946? It also appears the wood has been refinished, it being a really glossy finish. I'm not familiar with this model and don't know what kind of finish would have been on there originally. Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of finish it would have had and what I can use to restore it to something closer to original? Also, can anyone recommend a book that will help me learn more about this rifle? Thanks
Pete
DavidFagan

Re: Model 121

Post by DavidFagan »

This would be a good start, if you ask I suspect John will also sign it if you order direct ;)

http://remingtonsociety.com/rsa/books/RimfireRifles
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
John Gyde

Re: Model 121

Post by John Gyde »

[quote="petem"]Hello,
I just picked up a Model 121 that has "DRR" stamped on the barrel. If I'm reading it correctly, that makes it made in September 1946? It also appears the wood has been refinished, it being a really glossy finish. I'm not familiar with this model and don't know what kind of finish would have been on there originally. Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of finish it would have had and what I can use to restore it to something closer to original? Also, can anyone recommend a book that will help me learn more about this rifle? Thanks
Pete[/quote]
Yee gods, what a lead!!! Roy & I do have a few Rem 22 Rifles Books left. Click on books on the home page for the details. Give me a call and I'll be glad to talk to you about 121s or Rem 22s in general.