Model 12 CS ejector

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Laguna442

Model 12 CS ejector

Post by Laguna442 »

This 1917 12CS I recently found does not have nor is it machined for an ejector spring. It looks as it uses the rear trigger guard housing to eject spent shells. Are all SPECIAL CARTRIDGE guns like this? Ejection is less than satisfactory. Any tips on getting this 90 year old spitting lead again. Did I read that CS's don't use a cartridge stop either? Can anyone recommend any schematics or gunsmith literature to trouble shoot this gun?
robin

Re: Model 12 CS ejector

Post by robin »

Laguna442 wrote:This 1917 12CS I recently found does not have nor is it machined for an ejector spring. It looks as it uses the rear trigger guard housing to eject spent shells. Are all SPECIAL CARTRIDGE guns like this? Ejection is less than satisfactory. Any tips on getting this 90 year old spitting lead again. Did I read that CS's don't use a cartridge stop either? Can anyone recommend any schematics or gunsmith literature to trouble shoot this gun?
I recently read this post on the 12 CS Rem.from 2009. Did you solve the problem? I have a mod.12CS SER. 636xxx and I can't find any photos or illustrations of the cart. retainer used in the 12 CS . Were you able to find any photos or drawings of the parts used in this mod. ? I've been trying for nearly a year to get this part with no success. Can you assist 'with any info?

Robin