belgium browning remington model 24 autoloader

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
LAZZO

belgium browning remington model 24 autoloader

Post by LAZZO »

On page 133 of the Remington 22 rimfire rifles they talk about a model 24 made in Belgium. I have had one of these in my 22 collection for many years and have not been able to identify it until I found this book at a gun show. It loads through the top of the stock and the markings on the barrel are just as the second paragraph describes. Any one ever see one sold or any idea of value.
John Gyde

Re: belgium browning remington model 24 autoloader

Post by John Gyde »

Thanks for mentioning the book. It is sold out, but some dealers still have a few. The info in the book is all I know. Another book "BROWNING .22 CALIBER RIFLES" by Homer Tyler has additional info and photos. Those models rare not easy to find. Value??? It would be hard to help you even if condition, original parts, etc. were known. I do remember that there was one for sale quite a few years ago (maybe 15-20) for $1,000 or so. The last I knew it did not sell.
LAZZO

Post by LAZZO »

Thanks John the condition is amazing 95% or better. We have fired 100s and 100s of 22 short and it functions perfect. Maybe someone has sales history?
LAZZO

Post by LAZZO »

John I found one that sold in 2006 badly engraved can not think that remington did the job 1950.00
remington600

Post by remington600 »

I have one of these as well. Mine is also in great shape. I bought it in Tulsa a while back. I think I gave around $650.00. That seems to be a fair going price still.