Remington Gamemaster 760

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Jake

Remington Gamemaster 760

Post by Jake »

You answered Jason's questions so very well, I wonder if you could help me. I, too, inhereted a Remington 760 Gamemaster 30.06. I believe the ID number is 275966, and the three letters on the left side of the barrel are R.E.R. (I am not sure the last letter is an R. It was worn.)

Do you need anything else? My brother-in-law was also from Pennsylvania and love to hunt deer, but he passed away some years ago and his wife gave the gun to me.

Thanks for you help.

Jake :D [quote][/quote]
ken blauch

Post by ken blauch »

Jake, I believe the letters that you mention stand for Remington English Proof (REP). The date code would be on the other side and would be two letters. The second letter (year) would be a "B or C" indicating 1955 or 1956. So check for them. I have a 760 # 287xxx which is a bit later than yours and the code on it is "DC" August 1956. Keep us posted, ken
ken blauch

Post by ken blauch »

Jake, after checking my date code list I find that my gun "DC" is Sept 1956, not Aug 1956. The old memory is starting to fade, ken
rcbriggs1@comcast.net

Remington 760 6mm

Post by rcbriggs1@comcast.net »

Anyone know what a Gamemaster in 6mm caliber is worth? There is one coming up at auction.
Lawless

Remington 760

Post by Lawless »

Help me out here, I have read several of the questions on date, My 760 s/n is 163xxx, the date code is BA, help me out with the year.

Thanks, Jason
hompac

Rem 760

Post by hompac »

For the last 50 years I have used a Rem. 760.... . 35 Rem, if ever a better gun was made someone kept it for themselves! Don't worry about serial numbers, just enjoy the quality of the product. Life is too short to worry about all that techinical baloney.
Regards, and shoot straight.
rem141

Post by rem141 »

To Lawless: The code of BA would be Jan, 1954--Ken blauch