The Remington Society of America
         Home         FIRST POST IS MODERATED!                     An organization dedicated to the collection and study of Remington firearms, ammunition and history
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Remington shotgun 
Post Remington shotgun
A friend has an older Remington Lever Action 12 Gauge shotgun. Says it's a model 1886, Pt'd Feb 16 - July of 1886, with a serial number of 8211 (may be 821). He also says it has an adjustable trigger.

Anyone know of this weapon??

Thanks

Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:54 pm
Post Re: Remington shotgun
Steve wrote:
A friend has an older Remington Lever Action 12 Gauge shotgun. Says it's a model 1886, Pt'd Feb 16 - July of 1886, with a serial number of 8211 (may be 821). He also says it has an adjustable trigger.

Thanks

I am not aware of of a lever action Remington shotgun. Are you sure it is marked Remington? Winchester made several lever aqction shotguns. Could it be a Winchester? Check the markings. Remington made an 1886 model shotgun but it was a double barrel outside hammer gun break open model. A top lever at the wrist was moved to the right to break open the gun.[/quote][/code][/list]

Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:54 pm
Post Re: Remington shotgun
jayrem@aol.com wrote:
Steve wrote:

Thanks

I am not aware of of a lever action Remington shotgun. Are you sure it is marked Remington? Winchester made several lever aqction shotguns. Could it be a Winchester? Check the markings. Remington made an 1886 model shotgun but it was a double barrel outside hammer gun break open model. A top lever at the wrist was moved to the right to break open the gun.

Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:55 pm

Post Ca 1886 single barrel lever action shotgun
This sounds like an old gun my Tennessee grandfather passed down, which I just gave to my son, except I did not notice anything like an "adjustable trigger."

Have you been able to leqarn anything else?

Thanks

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]