Model 10 pump is rough

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Tapuno

Model 10 pump is rough

Post by Tapuno »

I cleaned it, but it keeps locking up. The pump is real hard to, well...pump. Any help would be apprecated
Tapuno

Re: Model 10 pump is rough

Post by Tapuno »

Okay, so I found the problem. Inside the receiver, there is a leaf spring bolted to the underside of the top. If there is not enough tension to guide the bolt back into the receiver, the pump will grind and get stuck on return. I simply flexed that leaf spring out a little bit. I was having another problem with the trigger not resetting, but I also fixed that. On the rear of the bolt(opposite side of firing pin) there is a very complicated sear disengage. Well, if the spring on the sear release(the part that meets the trigger bar) is compressed from years of use, the trigger will not reset. With a pair of very sharp tweezers, I expanded the spring so it would cause tension and therefore reliably reset the trigger. Hope this helps anyone who has one of these awesome shotguns. ASll these parts are external, and there is NO need to take the bolt apart for a detail clean. Just hit it with some Break Free, and then some Remington Oil, and you are good to go.