Model 11 Sportsman question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
AZsnipe

Model 11 Sportsman question

Post by AZsnipe »

I have just acquired a Model 11 Sportsman (746488). I am trying to disassemble the firearm, and have watched quite a few videos on the process (this is my first M-11). In every video and direction sheet, the instructions for removing the pin for the bolt stop call for aligning the pin with a hole on the left side of the receiver and drifting the pin out through a hole or notch on the right side.
My Sportsman doesn't have a notch or hole to drift the pin through, I can align the pin on the left side, but it will only move a short way before it hits the right side of the receiver.
Am I missing something obvious?
Please help. Thi8s shotgun is filthy and needs to completely disassembled for a thorough cleaning and inspection.

Thank you,

Snipe
:( :D

All is well. A gunsmith I met told me to try drifting the pin out from the other side, if I could reach it. It came out and the gun is now apart.
rlawjaxff

Re: Model 11 Sportsman question

Post by rlawjaxff »

Help!!! I have the same problem with a Model 11 dated 1946, no notch on the right side and I can't get the pin to come out the left side either. Anybody got any answers???