rem model 10

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
jpap48

rem model 10

Post by jpap48 »

I need some help with a model 10. how many different breech bolts were made for it?. I have two different ones, one with a bolt latch and one without. are they interchangeable?. also does anyone have a good method of installing the action bar release button?. any help would be appreciated
jpap48

Re: rem model 10

Post by jpap48 »

okay I figured out the bolt, the one without the latch is the early bolt. forceps and a small screwdriver got the button back together. buy I have a new problem, the action bar won`t go into the bolt. it starts into the bolt but acts like it`s binding and won`t go all the way in. any thoughts?.
jpap48

Post by jpap48 »

hi everyone. well I got it back together. it works. it doesn`t like plastic dummy shells, but the metal ones work fine. the button works fine.
jpap48

Post by jpap48 »

well I got it together, everything works. put 4 rounds thru it, worked like a champ. Winchester aa light target loads. I can see why people like it for trap, quite pleasant to shoot. this firearm was given to me quite literally in pieces. my friend said it was missing a few screws ha ha. figured out what parts were missing, and found them on ebay and gun broker. lots of research and patience got the thing up and running. according to company ledger receiver was made in 1924, barrel code says may 1926.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Good for you. :D Maybe you can start a cottage industry refurbishing these John D. Pedersen mechanical nightmares!! :roll:
jpap48

Post by jpap48 »

researcher wouldn't that be great. unfortunately I agree with you about this firearm, no parts and no collector value. it is truly a masterpiece of rube Goldberg engineering. but for me it was a challenge, and a learning experience and as such I consider it a success. I can`t think of any other firearm where wear has such an effect on timing as the model ten.