Remington 32 & 3200 o/u Shotguns Questions

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
captgary

Remington 32 & 3200 o/u Shotguns Questions

Post by captgary »

I have one each of the Remington 32 and 3200 over and under shotguns.

The 32 - shows wear, S/N 25XX, Mod & Cyl bores. Appears to be field grade with butt plate. 30 inch barrels. Double triggers. Small forend (smaller than 3200). A couple of small chips on stock, but no cracks. Bluing worn, but no major pits. Small thin rib with bead sight. Barrel scratched up from assembly and disassembly over the years, but not visible assembled. Gun is tight.

32 was stored in an all leather shotgun case that has a oval brass looking plate on side. It is old and any identification has been worn away. Case needs minor repair, but it is classy old case. The hinge part has come unstitched and could easily be repaired.

The 3200 - has been shot, but not to the extent of the 32. Skeet & skeet. Appears to be skeet model. 27 1/2 barrels ? Single trigger. Larger, beavertail forend. VERY NICE wood. Has no dot on serial number, but does have hex screws. Two pin model. Early, I assume. Bluing pretty good, no pitting. Vent rib, with longer white sight bead. Gun is tight.

These are from an estate and will be for sale. That being said, please don't fudge me on the values because you want to buy them. I have tried to give an accurate description, but I know condition is everything.

Would like some honest values on these guns. Will send or post pictures. Any help greatly appreciated!
Wulfman

Re: Remington 32 & 3200 o/u Shotguns Questions

Post by Wulfman »

Valuations are not given on the forum for obvious reasons, including the fact that they cannot be personally inspected.
Look on the gun auction sites for comparable samples and what they sold for or take them to one or more (trusted) gun shops for appraisals.
It's not that hard to come up with approximations of what they'll sell for.

Den