Remington Model 32 o/u shotgun

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
das4me

Remington Model 32 o/u shotgun

Post by das4me »

I just became the owner of a Remington Model 32 (Serial #10**). It came in an aged/weathered leather hard case & looks to be completely unmodified. The barrels are 30" in length & it still has the original dual triggers. The stock & fore stock are not chipped or split. Trying figure out first what it is worth & then trying to learn whether it is better to have it professionally refurbished or it is more valuable/collectible in its current state. Any help would be appreciated.
DavidFagan

Re: Remington Model 32 o/u shotgun

Post by DavidFagan »

I'm not sure there is a collectors market for a model 32, I'm not saying there's not a couple people out there but it's not large.
So weathered or refinished neither of which would be interest to a collector so refinishing it or not would be what you want.
Frankly I've taken mine out and shot it, granted I've very careful with it it is minty, but a couple rounds aren't going to hurt it.

If the case is an original Remington case you might have a lot more collectors interested in it, even weathered, then the gun ;)
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
das4me

Post by das4me »

Based upon what research I have been able to gather thus far on-line, the Model 32 is somewhat rare and collectible, but also still often used by owners. It was made from 1932-1944 and only 5100 were produced. Early productions came with the dual trigger, however, it seems that many were converted to a single trigger with a Remington produced add-on modification, which would make this even less common. Several sites talk about Grades of the Remington (A, D, TC, E, Skeet, etc.) but this merely is engraved MODEL 32. I agree that the gun case may have significant appeal to potential buyers/collectors.
DavidFagan

Post by DavidFagan »

Did you say merely engraved?
An Engraved (factory) is a whole different story.

I see Gander Mountain has a mint one for sale for $999
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer