Remington 870 partially finished toolroom recievers

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
DrDremel

Remington 870 partially finished toolroom recievers

Post by DrDremel »

About 15 or years ago I was quoting retooling the 870 machining line and was given two 870 reciever blanks. One is a solid block of steel with the stamp in the steel, the second has 60-70% of the reciever machined. These were used to help visualize what the print showed for machining. I still have the two and was wondering what kind of value these would have to collectors? I would think this would be the ultimate to add to an 870 collection.
Virginian

Re: Remington 870 partially finished toolroom recievers

Post by Virginian »

I would think the value would be highly dependent on what is stamped on the steel, but I am afraid I don't think they would be worth all that much in any event. But, I am not a collector. The unmachined block could have been on the way to being an 870, or an 11-48, or a 58, or an 1100, or an 11-87 if it isn't dated.
What could have happened... did.
Synchronizor

Post by Synchronizor »

I'm not sure if they'd be worth anything as collector's items, but they sound like pretty interesting souvenirs. Any chance you could post some pictures?
DrDremel

Post by DrDremel »

I decided to put them on gunbroker. Pictures are there if you are interested. I cannot figure out how to post the pics here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =394423217
Synchronizor

Post by Synchronizor »

Thanks. Those are pretty neat.

By the way, would you happen to remember the specific alloy Remington used for these?