Yet another Model 10 build date request

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Adam Lee

Yet another Model 10 build date request

Post by Adam Lee »

Hello 'yall!

I won an early Model 10 in auction recently, and admit it is a "gunsmith special" - TLC it does need!
However, it does have a 5-digit serial number - U 93091 - that is present on at least 4 different locations, which leads me to believe it has never been "tampered with" including original buttstock. The stock s/n appears on the leading front face "edge" of the stock, at the point where it mates with the receiver.

From what I've read here, I am guessing that U 93091 would be perhaps a 1913 build date? I appreciate anyone out there who may be able to more accurately extrapolate the manufacture date of this old shotgun.

Thank you!
Adam
Wherever you go, there you are!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Yet another Model 10 build date request

Post by admin »

Later 1912, got up to 95 and change, made about 20K that year. I think any speculation based on the total production is just that, I think who knows is the right answer, but I certainly have been corrected before :oops:
Adam Lee

Re: Yet another Model 10 build date request

Post by Adam Lee »

admin wrote:Later 1912, got up to 95 and change, made about 20K that year. I think any speculation based on the total production is just that, I think who knows is the right answer, but I certainly have been corrected before :oops:
Thank you!
Hey, sounds good to me - and I appreciate your "guesstimate"!

Adam
Wherever you go, there you are!