1100 plugs

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
bagomoney

1100 plugs

Post by bagomoney »

I just got a matched pair .410 and 28 skeet. They hold 4 shells, but local law only allows 3 for hunting...which is how I intend to use them. Is there a way to limit the capacity other than adding a plug? Is a plug available? There is a device that adds weight...I assume something a skeet shooter wants...with a threaded rod...looks like if it were longer it could act as a plug.
Virginian

Re: 1100 plugs

Post by Virginian »

You need to restrict the magazine to 2 rounds for a total of three. That's what these are for.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-Model ... 43cefc3e52
If authenticity really matters to you, look for some of the old wooden versions.
What could have happened... did.
Synchronizor

Post by Synchronizor »

A plug is about the simplest way to limit magazine capacity in a tube-fed shotgun. If you don't want to order a pre-made plug and wait for delivery, you can make something just as functional out of a piece of wood dowel or plastic rod stock.
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

In my younger days, I found a partially sharpened wooden pencil the right length was real easy to drop thru the hole on the Remington magazine spring retainer. With time came a realization that having more rounds available didn't mean as much to me as not having to be ever vigilant to avoid a ticket. :D
What could have happened... did.
Synchronizor

Post by Synchronizor »

My dad's old Ithaca 37 still has a piece of a tree branch - bark and all - from the '60s or '70s keeping it three-shot legal. I've offered to fit a polymer plug for that gun, but nope, the stick stays.