Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
skeety7

3200 4 barrel sets

Post by skeety7 »

Any one know how many 3200 4 barrel skeet sets were made. :?:
kckfirecapt388

Re: 3200 4 barrel sets

Post by kckfirecapt388 »

I own one, NIFC with all paperwork and i believe i had read in 3200 featured magazine article once that stated 250 sets where produced and where all considered "Custom Shop" ordered items. Having read that info. @ that time, i use to call the custom shop over the years about different topics, and called and was told that the number did not exceed 300 for sure (like every other quality item remington ever produced it became to expensive and cost them money to produce any longer), but it would have to be researched. Them good o'l days of being able to call the "Shop" and getting quality customer service (over the phone) and picking the brains of the employee's of that division are a thing of the past, as the knowledge able employee's have all retired or have past away......
tudurgs

Post by tudurgs »

My Dad was a Director at Remington when the 3200 was introduced. He ordered a 3200 with two sets of barrels. It turned out that the gun was used as a prototype for the multiple barrel sets . That gun was on Remington's books for $300,000. Hard for Remington to make any money on the skeet sets if the had to write off $300K over 300 sets
kckfirecapt388

Post by kckfirecapt388 »

Would be interested to see what a $300,000.00 model 3200 looks like, any pics. available ??? I am currently looking for a dealer's price list catalog that i purchased several years ago from a dealer that reflected dealer's cost and msrp cost to the consumer of that era, as soon as i locate, will update.....factory original barrel sets of all gauges (12 thru .410's) could be added and choked to customers order to existing receivers thru the late 1990's @ $700-800.00 fitted by the custom shop (cheaper than simmons after mkt. set @ $900.00 during the same time period), with so called custom shop ordered mop-up/parts guns being assembled thru 1998-2000, since then Laib's is the expert for the 3200 for parts and repair work since i believe he purchased any and all available parts once the mop up parts gun run was halted in the above mentioned time frame.
tudurgs

Post by tudurgs »

The gun looks like any other M3200, except that it has a silver shield with my Dad's initials inlet in the toe of the stock. Wood is upgraded (funny how that happened with Directors' guns)
The gun has basically no incremental value - Remington is unable to track anything unique about the gun (Believe me, I've tried) The gun originally had SK/SK and F/M barrels. I had a set of Briley chokes installed in the Skeet barrels. I have shot the gun a lot, particularly when I was gunning Springer Trials. As a result, I sent the gun back to Remington for a rebluing. They didn't do a good job on buffing the metal, and as a result the etching patterns are thinner than they should be.
I don't know why, but I shoot that gun better than any gun I have ever owned