1894 hang-tag

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
woollybugger

1894 hang-tag

Post by woollybugger »

I was surfing the internet one night and found a picture of a hang tag from an 1894 SxS but i for got to save the image.
i believe on the tag it showed the test results from the factory ( pellet count) and it also said something about the load used.
I have read the canned response from the researchers here, but i can find any that list the Dram equivilent of the shells used.

I plan on using my 1894 with ordinance steel bbls. buy dont want to jam too much pressure in them.
The old ads for the gun show that the tensile strength is something like 100,000 pounds and elastic limit 60,000 lbs.

with that being said, what is the max dram equiv. load i should run through this gun. it has been to a smith and checked out in tip top condition.

it is a 2 3/4 in chamber, and i would like to use easily accessable loads and not have to order online. i have no issues firing target load out of it, but want to get some advise from the site before i start shooting heavy non-toxic loads at ducks, which i assume have a higher dram equiv than target loads.

any suggestions?
oh, and does anyone have that image(s) of that hang-tag they could post?
Researcher

Re: 1894 hang-tag

Post by Researcher »

The hang tag for KE-Grade 372340, shown in Charles Semmer's book on Remington doubles, shows the load used to test the gun was 24 grains of Infallible smokeless powder and 1 1/4 ounces of #8 chilled shot.