Parts kit for Model 141

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Muddly

Parts kit for Model 141

Post by Muddly »

Seeing as parts for these rifles will not be getting easier to find over the coming years, what parts would you consider must haves in a parts kit?I dont know how the 14/141's rate for durability or which parts are prone to wear/breakage but suggestions would be appreciated. Right now my biggest concern is the action bar cover. A large(ish) piece of metal secured by 1 screw through a little flange.
remington600

Re: Parts kit for Model 141

Post by remington600 »

Since you really can't predict what's going to break it's hard to say good parts to buy. If I had a broken part the replacement part would be worth more to me. Since a standard 141 isnt All that hard to find even NIB I don't think parts will be that scarce for a while. I would suggest picking up any sights especially wheel sights. I think something harder then parts for the 141 is finding a 141 that someone has not screwed up with drilling holes in the receiver for a scope, adding a recoil pad, or drilling a hole in the stock for a compass. They seem very popular for altering.
Rickster

Re: Parts kit for Model 141

Post by Rickster »

The only parts I have needed for the ones I use are the cartridge stop and the action bar cover screw. Not because of wear though. But rather because they fell out and were lost in the grass. Forearm screws are commonly missing on the ones I have bought. So others must be having trouble loosing those. All are available from Winseners. It might be a good idea to get one of everything Wiseners offers. They wouldn't be making the parts if there wasn't a demand. People seem to have trouble with the action bar cover breakage, but I dont know of a good source for those.