760 Gamemaster Manufacture Date

Sign the guestbook
Dave

760 Gamemaster Manufacture Date

Post by Dave »

Hi All,
I have a few qurestions, and all help would be greatly appreciated. I recently purchased a 760 Gamemaster in impeccable condition, and i am trying to find out when it was manufactured and any other valuable info. On the left side of the barrel it has numbers and i have matched them to some of the collectors sites databases, but im not sure which number is which in the sequence. On the left side of the barrel it reads...................U R7 B . I cant tell which is the month code and which is the year code, and what the number 7 represents. Please help!!

Thank You,

Dave
rem141

760question

Post by rem141 »

It could be that you are reading the numbers incorrectly. Tell us the serial number, the stock type, and the caliber, then we will try to decipher the date code. Sometimes the date code is just partially stamped due to the roundness of the barrel.
Dave

760 Gamemaster 30.06

Post by Dave »

I am sure i am not reading the numbers correctly, but according to the Remington website, models with this serial numbesr were produced between 1975-78, but other than that i am lost.
The rifle is a 760 Gamemaster 30.06 , slide action wood stock, with fancy patterns engraved -stamped on it. The Serial number is A6968886 and the second set of identifying letters/numbers are.....U R7 B.

Thanks, i appreciate the help!

Dave
rem141

Post by rem141 »

Dave, I believe your date code is "RZ" ,that would match the characteristics of your rifle. The U RZ B would be as follows. "U" is the inspectors code, "RZ" is the date code and B is the assemblers code. RZ would be Nov. 1975
Dave

760 Gamemaster 30.06

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the info, that is great. I was wondering the manufacture date because of the incredible condition of this gun. It is allmost flawless other than slight blue wear under the slide. It seems very well maintained, and works like a charm. Thanks again!

Dave
Jason R

Remington 760 Gamemaster ADL/BDL?

Post by Jason R »

Looking for info on my 30-06 Gamemaster model. The photos I have seen, it look just like a BDL Custom Deluxe (based on the shape of the reciever and stock design). Also, what is the difference between ADL & BDL? Serial#7274XXX. Note sure of manufacutre date. BZ3 maked on left side of barrel.
rem141

Post by rem141 »

Jason, if your 760 has the stepped receiver and the flat forend with basketweave checkering, then you have a BDL. This model was made 1966-1980. Your s/n indicates it was made after 1968. The BZ3 possibly indicates that the gun was back to the factory for repair in Jan 1975. If true then it should have another set of numbers maybe below the BZ3 indicating the manf. date. Does the s/n have an A or B prefix, or none? And does it have another set of date codes?