Remington #4 American Boy Scout 22 cal.

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
scrapy1013

Remington #4 American Boy Scout 22 cal.

Post by scrapy1013 »

I have a Remington arms 4S Milital Model solid Frame (American Boy Scout) Cal.22 short Rolling Block Pat.date July 22 1902 round barrel. That i would like to find the wood for the forarm and butt stock.The barrel is about 27 3/8" long, there are three screw hole in the bottom side of the barrel 1st hole is 3 1/8" from the end of the barrel,The 2nd is 5 7/8" and the 3rd is 13 11/16". There is a Q about 27 3/8" it has a flip site 23 1/4 down and stands about 1 1/2. can you please help me.
Thanks , Ross
John Gyde

Boy Scout rifle

Post by John Gyde »

Ross:

You're in the wrong section. The Boy Scout & Military Model rifles are all post 1898...

I have never seen wood for sale for the Boy Scout or Military Model rifles. I could use a hand-guard myself if you ever locate any wood. The butt stock is the same as on the standard No. 4 from that era.

Roy Marcot and I are nearly done with a book on all Remington 22 rifles. We have considerable info on the 4s rifles. One hint is that they were advertised as solid frame, but they are not. There is a take-down screw on the left side of the receiver. It has left hand threads.

If you are interested in the book, please contact me directly.

John Gyde
gydemate@aol.com