Remington shotgun

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Steve

Remington shotgun

Post by Steve »

A friend has an older Remington Lever Action 12 Gauge shotgun. Says it's a model 1886, Pt'd Feb 16 - July of 1886, with a serial number of 8211 (may be 821). He also says it has an adjustable trigger.

Anyone know of this weapon??

Thanks
jayrem@aol.com

Re: Remington shotgun

Post by jayrem@aol.com »

Steve wrote:A friend has an older Remington Lever Action 12 Gauge shotgun. Says it's a model 1886, Pt'd Feb 16 - July of 1886, with a serial number of 8211 (may be 821). He also says it has an adjustable trigger.

Thanks
I am not aware of of a lever action Remington shotgun. Are you sure it is marked Remington? Winchester made several lever aqction shotguns. Could it be a Winchester? Check the markings. Remington made an 1886 model shotgun but it was a double barrel outside hammer gun break open model. A top lever at the wrist was moved to the right to break open the gun.[/quote][/code][/list]

Re: Remington shotgun

Post by Guest »

jayrem@aol.com wrote:
Steve wrote:A friend has an older Remington Lever Action 12 Gauge shotgun. Says it's a model 1886, Pt'd Feb 16 - July of 1886, with a serial number of 8211 (may be 821). He also says it has an adjustable trigger.

Thanks
I am not aware of of a lever action Remington shotgun. Are you sure it is marked Remington? Winchester made several lever aqction shotguns. Could it be a Winchester? Check the markings. Remington made an 1886 model shotgun but it was a double barrel outside hammer gun break open model. A top lever at the wrist was moved to the right to break open the gun.
kenfyi

Ca 1886 single barrel lever action shotgun

Post by kenfyi »

This sounds like an old gun my Tennessee grandfather passed down, which I just gave to my son, except I did not notice anything like an "adjustable trigger."

Have you been able to leqarn anything else?

Thanks