721 REAR SIGHT QUESTION

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
pjsjr

721 REAR SIGHT QUESTION

Post by pjsjr »

Hello, I just bought a 721, 30-06.

It needs, among other things, a rear sight. All I have there is the dovetail. Will the rear sights from other models works? Do they all have the dovetail? If so which models interchange?

I will also need a stock in the near future so any suggestions on that will be appreciated. Thanks Preston
Last edited by pjsjr on Sat May 13, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Post by Jay Huber »

Look in the SEVICE/Parts section of our home page this site. Jay Huber RSA
pjsjr

Post by pjsjr »

Thanks, Jay, I'll check there and see what I can find. Preston
pjsjr

Post by pjsjr »

Is there anyone that could post, or tell me where one would be, a picture of the rear sight on a 721 that goes in the dovetail? I'd like to have an idea of what to look for when I go to the gunshows.

Jay Huber, I have tried many of the resoures listed in the Service/Parts section here and on Remington's site, witout success. I have also Googled...I did find a picture but without the rear sight :cry:.

Thanks, Preston
goordnance

Post by goordnance »

The rear sight for the 721 is a thin peice of stamped sheet steel with the piece that fits in the dovetail brazed on, it also comes with a separate piece called the elevator which is serrated on one edge to adjust elevation, that piece slides into a 1" slit in the sight and is held in place by tension against the barrel. There is usually one on EB almost every month. If I knew how to attach a pic here I would. If e-mails are allowed to be posted on here, leave yours and I'll send you a close-up pic. GB[/img]
pjsjr

Post by pjsjr »

goordnance,

Thank you, I think my e-mail should be available in my profile...if not, it's PJSKITTatMSNdotCOM substitue @ for at and . for dot. Looking forward to recieving the pic. Preston