rolling block butt plate

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
frenchie

rolling block butt plate

Post by frenchie »

Hello out there, I have a old #1 blackpowder rolling block,had to replace the buttstock,can't seem to locate a butt plate for it,I have two plates,but they are too large in the tang area and have too much curve in the curved area. Any help out there.
Thanks
tjack

Post by tjack »

I'm not going to be too much help. Gun shows may be your best bet. I believe antiqueguns.com has a section for searching for parts. I have never tried to interchange the butt plates on my Rolling Blocks; kind of thought all Remington butt plates were the same on military rifles. The Spanish-made Rolling Blocks have a much flatter butt plate that Remingtons.
Good luck!!
MSP Ret

Post by MSP Ret »

frenchie, look at E-bay. Just recently they had just a steel buttplate and also an old beat up and repaired split buttstock which the seller stated was for sale more for the sling swivel and buttplate than for the old wood. I am not sure which buttplate you need but best of luck....<><.... :D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley