GRAF Brass / Model 14/141

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
nambujim

GRAF Brass / Model 14/141

Post by nambujim »

If any of you follow my postings you might have noted my total lack of trust in after market brass including Graf! For a number of years I believe Graf was using brass from Quality Cartridge & Jamison and it totally sucked......No, it was total crap!

I was able to score some new Graf brass at a great price from one of the auction sites and heard that Hornady was now supplying brass to Graf with the Graf head stamp but they refused to confirm this to me.

Working with my Model 14 partner Tom Hemphill we put together some test rounds using the Graf .25 Remington brass, 117gr RN Bullets, and 26gr of 3031. That was the load that Tom had been using and he chose to use a Model 14-R as the rifle to test them. All the rounds cycled perfectly, fired with good accuracy, and ejected without a problem. Inspection of the brass after firing showed no sign of neck cracking or ANY other problem so feel confident in saying its pretty good stuff.

For reference, some years back I tried .25 Remington Brass with Quality cartridge headstamp (1/2 cracked at the neck), Jamison which fit poorly in the shell holder & ejected poorly, and Graf which did a little of both. The new Graf brass at this point seems to be the real deal.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
Eddie Southgate

Re: GRAF Brass / Model 14/141

Post by Eddie Southgate »

Last I knew Graf brass was Privi Partizan and all I have had was excellent.