Remington Model 14 Need Help!

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
sagaman1

Remington Model 14 Need Help!

Post by sagaman1 »

I recently bought a Remington Model 14 .30 REM - it was missing the magazine spring (which I got a Numrich) but I can't find the follower anywhere. Can anyone pull theirs out and give me the measurements or send me a picture so I can make one - or maybe you know a local gunsmith that might just have one tucked away in a drawer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
James E. Mendes
191 Greenbriar Circle
Charles Town, WV 25414
Tbury

Re: Remington Model 14 Need Help!

Post by Tbury »

I am not sure of what part you need since I do not have a schematic to look at but http://www.wisnersinc.com has some parts for the 14 and links on their web site to other parts dealers.
Mountaineers are always Free
srinde

Post by srinde »

I have an early 14 in .30 and my follower measures as follows- overall length 1 15/32 in. head dia. @ 7/16 length of head portion 5/16 length of stem portion behind head that goes inside of spring tapers from 11/32 just behind head to 9/32 near end, which is rounded off. there is a groove cut into the tail part just behind the head for the spring to snap into. hope this helps, not the best way to give measurements but the wife didn't get me the digital caliper i wanted for christmas and all i have is this old fractional analog one. my follower is a loose fit in the tube fwiw. you might be able to get by trying one made from wood and find a factory one soon.
sagaman1

Post by sagaman1 »

Many thanks my friend. I've looked everywhere for one - my neighbor has a lathe and can probably make one for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to measure and write down the measurements. Jim
James E. Mendes
191 Greenbriar Circle
Charles Town, WV 25414
Noel

Post by Noel »

Jim, here is a pic of the one from my 25 Rem. Not sure if they are all the same but I don't see why this wouldn't work for you. :wink: If it is cross referenced with the dimensions already given to you it will be done in a flash!

Hope this helps,
Noel