Trying to determine Model 8 value............

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Moparfrek

Trying to determine Model 8 value............

Post by Moparfrek »

Hello to all. I have a Remington Model 8 that I am considering selling. However, I am at a loss as to what it may be worth. Moderators, I do not know if this is the proper forum to ask such a question. Please forgive me if I am breaking any forum rulles.

I can describe the rifle as best I can. The rifle is fully engraved and has flip-up rear express sights and a very unique hooded flip-up front sight.

The stock has very fine checkering in a Fluer-de-lis pattern. Wood looks to French walnut? There is a brass or bronze medallion in the heel of the stock with some script that I cannot read.

The bore is mint, and the original blue is turning to patina in certain places. From what I have found on the Internet, I believe this rifle to be an "F" Grade, or a "Premier" Grade. Or perhaps a Grade "6". The serial range is 21,***.

I will try to post pictures.

Thank you!

ARG

[/img]
bobcreamer

Engraved Remington Model 8's

Post by bobcreamer »

I believe your model 8 is ORIGINAL engraved. I would like to call and talk to you more about it in detail. If you are interested, you can respond to my email address with your phone number and I will call you. I am Bob Creamer in Oregon. My email is creamer10@comcast.net.
Moparfrek

Thank you......

Post by Moparfrek »

Hello Mr. Creamer. I just sent you an email with my contact information. I look forward to talking with you.

Sincerely, ARG
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

While Bob is the "man" when it comes to high grade model 8's, we'd love for you to visit this site and share your info there as well.

http://thegreatmdl8.proboards79.com/

That is a beautiful 8, and looks original to me, as well. But I am no expert.
tobeyville

Re: Trying to determine Model 8 value............

Post by tobeyville »

have you sold this gun?or are those model 8 butt plates available in the pictures.