Remington Model 12C ejector question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
97th SIgnalman

Remington Model 12C ejector question

Post by 97th SIgnalman »

I just got a Remington Model 12C and it won't eject. I cycled some dummy rounds thorugh it and feeds from the mag tube just fine. The firing pin makes a definite strike impression on the rim. The round extracts perfectly but it does not eject. I am not familiar with these rifles as this is my first model 12. When I look into the receiver and around the bolt face I dont even see anything like a pin, or a plunger that would be an ejector. Where should it be and what should it look like?

Also, I think that there should be a small stop-pin in the slot of the action bar just in front the receiver but there is nothing in the slot. Is there something missing?

The SN is 7209xx and the date code on the date code on the barrel is "DO".

After doing a little research on Numrich Gunparts I have begun suspect that this rifle may have a model 121 converted bolt that requires a different ejector. If that is the case, the ejector may have been left out by whoever might have made the conversion. That is a bunch of wild speculation my part because I don't really know what I am talking about with these model 12's but it seems to be a possibility as I see no slot or groove on the bolt face where an ejector could intrude to kick out the empty cartridge case.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for to trouble shoot this thing? Maybe a gunsmith is what I should be looking for. This rifle looks great and has a great bore. I paid a lot for it and I do want to get it working but I sure don't want to mess it up.

:?:
Last edited by 97th SIgnalman on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

97th Sig Bn, 7th Army, Boblingen, Germany, 1960-63
remington600

Re: Remington Model 12C ejector question

Post by remington600 »

Watch ebay. Alot of times people are selling original slides for the model 12. I would try my best just to get it back to original. If your the same guy who just sent in pictures of your model 12 it looks like you bought a nice one. You will look a long time to find a 22 better than the model 12. Take care of it, and good luck with the parts.
remington600

Post by remington600 »

Watch ebay. Alot of times people are selling original slides for the model 12. I would try my best just to get it back to original. If your the same guy who just sent in pictures of your model 12 it looks like you bought a nice one. You will look a long time to find a 22 better than the model 12. Take care of it, and good luck with the parts.
Noel

Post by Noel »

97th, where are you located? I know where there are a couple guns worthy of being tore apart but they are in Canada. One of them is $75 plus shipping but it would be a hassle to ship that over the border whole. IF you are in Canada then I can give you some contact info. :wink:
Noel
97th SIgnalman

Post by 97th SIgnalman »

SUCCESS!
I got it figured out and it ejects perfectly now. My rifle has a late style ejector which is a plunger and coil spring screwed into the Triger Group frame behind the hammer and recessed into the stock. It is supposed push the firing pin out to act as an ejector at the rear of the opening stroke. When I disassembled the rifle I saw that the plunger was depressed and stuck. It was packed up with petrified brown grease. I cleand it up and the plunger now moves freely. That did the trick: Pump-bang, pump-bang, pump-bang.....you get the idea. :D

97th Sig Bn, 7th Army, Boblingen, Germany, 1960-63