Remington Model 700 6mm

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
snapshooter

Remington Model 700 6mm

Post by snapshooter »

Hi everyone!
I found this gun cleaning out my mother's closet. Serial #6572182 : W P W 64 : 21" barrel. From this web site, I believe it was manufactured in June 1972. Can some one
tell me if this is correct? Also I'm assuming it is an ADL because it has no magazine floor plate. Is this correct? I find very little 6mm's out there in market anywhere. Is the 6mm not liked or was it just in limited production? Gun dealers here have never seen a 6mm (244). Was 1972 last production in 6mm? Would appreciate any information about gun. Have looked at gunnersden.com for info on gun and was useful, just puzzled by the 6mm. Now the gun dealers want to buy it , but no one
will tell what its worth, LOL

Thanks
remington600

Re: Remington Model 700 6mm

Post by remington600 »

The 700 in the 6mm Rem. was first introduced in 1962, and are still made. You probably have a hard time finding them because most people who buy them like them and do not want to sell them. If yours does not have a floor plate then it probably does not have a black forend and pistol grip cap, then yes its an ADL model. I would not give a valuation because we do noot know an accurate condition.
hillman

Post by hillman »

Congratulations, you have one good gun.

I bought a new 700 ADL in 6mm around 1964 for $105 and it is still my favourite rifle. I've shot 80-90% of my game with it even though I own 5 other rifles all .30 cal. The short barrel makes it handy to carry in the mountains.

It was glass bedded and free floated way back then. I've used the same handloads for many years with excellent accuracy. There are very few 6mms around or available these days, thats why everyone wants it.
"Montani semper liberi"
snapshooter

Post by snapshooter »

Thanks for the information :) The gun is in good condition? only rust seen is on the bolt leaver.
there is however some pits (very little) on the barrel. Cleaned gun and found no rust inside barrel.The stock shows some use, but finish is still there.http://www.remingtonsociety.com/forums/ ... ce6a7f1596#
:D