Need info on Model 700

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
blothr

Need info on Model 700

Post by blothr »

Hi folks,
I'm new here and am looking for any info on a model 700 I just bought in .25-06. The rifle's serial number is G6474564. It just says Model 700 on the 24" barrel, but I'm assuming it's a BDL or CDL. It has the black forend tip on the stock. I also noticed that it has a Remington recoil pad made by limbsaver, so it's not too old I guess. Thanks for any help.
remington600

Re: Need info on Model 700

Post by remington600 »

If your gun has a limbsaver recoil pad then its a newer gun or someone installed it on a older gun. What kind of help are you looking for?
blothr

Post by blothr »

Well, I looked and see "LZ" on the left side of the barrel. I'm assuming that means February of 2005 in terms of manufacture date. The rifle definitely wasn't a 1975 model. I guess I'm just wondering what type of model 700 it is...bdl, cdl etc. It has the black forend tip and the black magazine plate underneath that opens when you press the button on the trigger guard.
idahoducker

Post by idahoducker »

I'm far from being an expert on 700's but it sounds like it's neither an ADL nor BDL but a CDL. Look at the pictures on Remingtons web site. They do differ a little. BDL's have a raised "Monte Carlo" comb while CDL's are straight comb. ADL's have a blind magazine (no floor plate) so definately not that. Between the BDL and CDL only the CDL is offered in 25-06 but I don't know if that was the case in '05.
remington600

Post by remington600 »

An easy way to tell is do you have white line spacers between the stock and the black forend and pistol grip cap. If so its a BDL. If not its a CDL. Or its a Mountain Rifle which would be a more petite 700. Send pictures and I could tell you right away.
blothr

Post by blothr »

There is no white anywhere on the rifle, so it must be a CDL. I wouldn't say it's petite....it has a 24" barrel and the stock isn't any smaller than a typical remington, so CDL i guess. Why the distinction between BDL and CDL if it comes down to white line spacers? Are there any other differences in terms of quality etc?
blothr

Post by blothr »

There is no white anywhere on the rifle, so it must be a CDL. I wouldn't say it's petite....it has a 24" barrel and the stock isn't any smaller than a typical remington, so CDL i guess. It doesn't have a raised comb either.