Remington 1900 Ejector rebuild

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
wburns

Remington 1900 Ejector rebuild

Post by wburns »

I bought a Remington 1900 a long time ago and am now restoring it. It originaly had ejectors in it but prior to my ownership some one took the ejector components out of the forearm. I have been able to purchase the parts but do not know how they went into the forearm as I have no reference. All I have is an original parts sheet but that does not have a cutaway showing placement. Does someon possibly have a cutaway diagram or a photo showing the workings in the forearm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Wade
Researcher

Re: Remington 1900 Ejector rebuild

Post by Researcher »

This may not help much, but here are the cut-away drawings from the 1901 --

and 1908 catalogues --

wburns

Post by wburns »

Do you know if the ejector hammer spring is the same in the 1894 as the 1900 due to the different forearm attachment styles?
2shooter

Post by 2shooter »

Hi Lets see if I can help, the parts you should have, center sear,,right and left ejector hammer, right and left ejector sear and a ejector sear spring and two ejector springs all the parts are the same as the Model 1894.You will have to get the timing right or they will not work. The main spring is what tells the ejector sear which barrel is fired. That starts everything That has to be fit right or it won't work..
wburns

Post by wburns »

I still need the center sear. I thought I had all of the parts but that one I am missing. When I fire the gun using snapcaps I can see the mainsprings move and release the ejector sears so they must be timed right. I have ordered new ejector hammer springs. I need to find the center sear though. Do you know where I could find one? I have tried Numerich but they are sold out.
2shooter

Post by 2shooter »

Hi, Yes I have the center sear it is #6 in the Remington catalog parts list is that what you need it is $15.00 plus $2.00 s&h total $17.00 Any questions ask will try to answer..