Model 17 question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Greg Friedmann

Model 17 question

Post by Greg Friedmann »

Hello all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am looking for information on the model 17 shotgun which includes pictures and specs of the different grades. I need this to help me identify & authenticate pieces that are for sale. I am looking for one nice original example for my collection. Thanks Greg

friedmanng@fmmafco.com
Researcher

Re: Model 17 question

Post by Researcher »

I'm pretty sure that the only catalogue that pictures and discusses the grades of the Model 17 is Remington Arms Co., Inc. Catalogue No. 107, 1923. That catalogue was used for several years, and they show up pretty regularly on ebay, though a quick search right now doesn't show one.
Greg Friedmann

Re: Model 17 question

Post by Greg Friedmann »

Thanks Researcher for the information and also for doing the search, I will be on the look out for one. I thought there might be a book in print but I have not come up with anything. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
GREG
Researcher wrote:I'm pretty sure that the only catalogue that pictures and discusses the grades of the Model 17 is Remington Arms Co., Inc. Catalogue No. 107, 1923. That catalogue was used for several years, and they show up pretty regularly on ebay, though a quick search right now doesn't show one.