Serial number by date (factory record book)

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Greg Friedmann

Serial number by date (factory record book)

Post by Greg Friedmann »

Hello Not sure where to ask this question so I will ask here and then maybe ask one of the moderators. I went to the "Manufacture Dates" page of the web site and there was a link entitled "Serial number by date (factory record book)". I went to the record book and paged through looking for my Model 17 s/n22530. I noticed some pages seem to missing. Am I doing something wrong or were some pages just not there? Thanks Greg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial number by date (factory record book)

Post by admin »

That's all the pages I could ever get my hands on...
Greg Friedmann

Post by Greg Friedmann »

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for making them avaiable.

Greg

admin wrote:That's all the pages I could ever get my hands on...
Mike Strietbeck

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

Good Evening Greg,

I have additional information for you. While production records by serial number are not in my files, I do have a chart that shows annual production numbers of the Model 17. With this information, we can pin down the year of manufacture, but not the month. Your shotgun was one of the 5564 Model 17's manufactured during 1924. The serial number range would have been 21655 - 27218.

Hope this helps in your search,

Mike Strietbeck
RemShots
Particular interest is in Revolving rifles, Cane rifles, hand guns, and all Remington knives. Conducting survey on revolving rifles, please request survey form.
Greg Friedmann

Post by Greg Friedmann »

Wow! Thanks Mike. Even Remington Historical department could not come up with this info.

Best
Greg
Mike Strietbeck wrote:Good Evening Greg,

I have additional information for you. While production records by serial number are not in my files, I do have a chart that shows annual production numbers of the Model 17. With this information, we can pin down the year of manufacture, but not the month. Your shotgun was one of the 5564 Model 17's manufactured during 1924. The serial number range would have been 21655 - 27218.

Hope this helps in your search,

Mike Strietbeck
RemShots