Remington 660

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Nessmuk

Remington 660

Post by Nessmuk »

Howdy! I am new to the forum and I have a basic (I hope) model 660 question. I recently picked up a 660 in 308 and it is missing some peices from the rear sight. I cannot locate these parts anywhere on the net to get my rifle in shooting order, and I am not interested in having a scope on it.

So my question is, was there any other models Remington made that used the same rear sight? The sight on my rifle seems to be the same as some used on a model 700 ADL I saw for sale. Will any Remington 700 sight fit this rifle? or are the mounting holes not going to line up correctly?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
goordnance

Post by goordnance »

Of all the 660's I've seen, they all had the rear sight that Remington used from 1958-1973 on many of their models. Remington is well known for standardizing parts to reduce inventory. I'm about 99% sure that the sight you saw on the older ADL will fit your rifle(holes will line up). You occaisionally see those style sights for sale on everybodys favorite auction sight. Look around, you'll find the parts you need though you may have to buy the complete assembly.
Nessmuk

Post by Nessmuk »

Thanks 8)