7mm-06 Remington 700 BDL

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
163bc

7mm-06 Remington 700 BDL

Post by 163bc »

I'm a newbie and am not sure i'm posting this question in the right place. Anyway here goes. I recently came into a virtually new Remington 700 BDL marked 7mm-06. I can't tell if it has every been used but if so it was very little. I've been told by a few others and my limited research tells me this is an extremly rare rifle. I'd like to hear opinions on value. I am contemplating using it for hunting. Should I??? Thanks, 163bc
The Rifleman

Post by The Rifleman »

You are probably looking at a custom made rifle and not a factory production rifle.

Is it rare ?

Only if it was origional!

A good custom gun shop can take any rifle and rechamber it to another caliber and make it a rare gun.

My question is - where would you get ammo to shoot?

You can't just go down to the Wal Mart and buy it off the shelf.

Even reloads, you have to have a set of dies and the brass and all the reloading components and equipment.
163bc

7mm-06

Post by 163bc »

Thanks for your reply. My rifle is a 100% true factory original rifle produced by Remington in Nov. 1978. I verified this thru Remington themselves using barrel markings and serial #s. It has not been re-barreled or re-chambered. According to the Remington rep I spoke to only a few ever left the factory with the 7mm-06 Rem barrel stamp and those were quickly recalled prior to the name change to 7mm Express Rem. As for ammo any .280 Rem. will shoot fine because that is exactly what it is! I also have a box of original factory ammo stamped 7mm-06!! However I don't plan to shoot it as I believe it has some value as a collectors piece. I am just trying to find out any other history or collectors value on it. Thanks again, 163bc
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

According to John Lacy's fine book, there were approximately 200 7mm-06s shipped in 1978. I would certainly keep it as a collector rifle. As to value, who knows. A hard-to-find model (also made in the 70s) I am familiar with had two sales in the recent past. The rifles were nearly identical in condition (A.N.I.B) One sold for $500. The other for $3,600. What were they worth??? Rare or unusual rifles have a limited audience.
tdr2758

Re: 7mm-06 Remington 700 BDL

Post by tdr2758 »

I also have one of these 7mm-06 rifles. I was wondering if you may want to sell yours? John at jjo2404@aol.com Or 970-222-7708. Thanks.