Noob

Sign the guestbook
Oscarflytyer

Noob

Post by Oscarflytyer »

On a lot of other forums. Just got my first Rem CF (have an old 582 .22 from when I was a kid). Just ran into a 760 ADL manufactured Jun 1953 according to serial # and month code on the bbl. It is an ADL version with the higher comb and checkering. From what I saw, Jun '53 was the very first month that the ADL was offered. It is factory drilled/tapped, but crazily it has a Griffin and Howe removable mount on it! Lyman Challenger 4x scope, but I am not sure it is holding a good zero. May need to change it out. If I do, debating on a newer 2-7x scope or a vintage one if I can find one in good shape. But my eyes would do better with a newer one I think.

Also looking for a part, so will see my post elsewhere.
Oscarflytyer

Re: Noob

Post by Oscarflytyer »

Finally bit the bullet on the scope. Pulled the Griffin and Howe mount, which I really liked, but too low for newer scope.

Put a set of Talley mounts on it (is factory D&T for scope mounts) and a Nikon 2x7-32 scope on it. Perfect setup for the 300 Savage pump. Sadly leaves three big ugly empty screw holes and two empty set pin holes in the receiver from the G&H mount. One day I may have them filled, but... For now, I have a great gun/caliber with the perfect scope for gun/caliber/where and what I hunt. Not to hunt and take a deer with it.