Model 11 Identification

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
JAWA

Model 11 Identification

Post by JAWA »

I recently acquired a Remington Model 11. I would like some assistance identifying it and acquiring an estimate of its worth. Pictures are attached.

Letters on barrel read: R.E.P or B.E.P, neither seems to make sense for identifying month and year of manufacturing, may not be an original barrel.

There is a DU stamped on the barrel as well, it may be the month and year stamp, but again, doesn’t seem to match the tables.

Serial Number is 322715, which seems to point to 1926

I have identified it thus far:
12 Gauge Remington Model 11C "Trap" Grade Shotgun Manufactured in 1926

Can anyone help me further identify it and help with a cost estimate? Thanks.

chucha

Post by chucha »

From what I see on the pictures, it seems to be a standard grade, worth around $200~300 bucks. How did you get that "C" grading?

good luck,
cha :D

gun

Post by Guest »

i have a gun just like this exept mine doesnt have any of the marks on it exept the serial it is 50068
anyone know where i can get some info for it
i also have a 30 remington that was baught at teh same time by my great grandfather
i would really like to find some info on them any help is appreciated
chucha

Post by chucha »

That serial number - 50068 - works out to about 1909. If you go to the site >remington.com< and look on the top bar for "magazine" and then find a great article on the 1911, you can dig up all sorts of good stuff. Looking on the pictures of the stocks, you will see why I wonder about a "C" grade trap gun without a straight grip.

good luck,
cha
JAWA

C Grading

Post by JAWA »

chucha,

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that grading, if you look at the pictures here:

http://www.remington.com/magazine/history/m11.htm

There really isn't a stock like the one on mine? All the other grades have circule not triangle points under the hand hold? I made a guess. What do you think? Non-stock stock?

JAWA

Post by Guest »

JAWA - Not being ant-social, my computer went way south on me and I just got a new one up and running yesterday.
Anyhow, from what I can see, the checkering on the stock doesn't look like it has had much wear. Does it match the forend?
I don't know much about 'em. I just like 'em. I'd take it out and blaze away!

taa, cha :D