Remington VLS

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
okierifleman

Remington VLS

Post by okierifleman »

I have two identical Remington Model 700's, one in .223 and one in .22-250. They are stainless varmint with laminate stocks but they are unlike any I have ever seen, because they have the black laminate stocks, not the brown that you see everywhere. I picked them up 4 or 5 years ago, had not seen any like it before, and I havent seen any like them since. They are not in any of the Blue Books and they are not in Remingtons catalogue or listed in their special runs. I contacted Remington, gave them the serial #'s, and all they could tell me was they were made in 2002 and they designated them the TM VLS. They could not tell me how many were made, who they were made for, etc.... If anyone has any info on these rifles I would love to hear about them.
BigBlack

Re: Remington VLS

Post by BigBlack »

Are you talking about the green/black one? I too would be interested in any info you could find. I recently purchased a VLS green/black stock from e-gunparts for my 223 and have not been able to find any info on the green/black version. The stock is a exact twin to my brown one on my 308. The SS on yours is interesting too, since the current one and all I have seen sported the blue barrel and action. One last monkey in this pot is I also purchase a long action magnum VLS stock from e-gunparts and it too is an exact twin to my 308 except inletted for the long action. Now this I have found nothing on. A call to remington before I purchased the stock and all the guy could tell me was, "It appears remington made a long action VLS several years ago." He could not give me any more info.