When did the Remington logo get added to the Model 51 frame?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Gmountain

When did the Remington logo get added to the Model 51 frame?

Post by Gmountain »

My 51 doesn't have Remington stamped on the frame. The only place it says Remington is on top of the slide and on the grips.
remroc

Re: When did the Remington logo get added to the Model 51 frame?

Post by remroc »

If you have a .380 the logo was added at serial no. 40,000. That would be about 1921.
azasadny

Re: When did the Remington logo get added to the Model 51 fr

Post by azasadny »

Good info!
Remington Model 51 owner
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

:?:

Is this right? I have the "Remington Trade Mark" stamped on the right side (same side as the anchor inspection mark) and my serial is less than 28000. FYI I also have the 9 grip notches as opposed to the 15 and I do not have a sun inspection mark. I assume this places mine manufactured about March of 1921. I do know 1921 was a busy year as far as changes in the manufacturing process.

:D
Jrpmccoy

Post by Jrpmccoy »

Apparently there was no official serial number when that came into effect. I too have a #30000 serial numbered 380 with the trademark logo and it is nickel plated as well with the 9 "U" shaped groves. The general rule of thumb is that if they have the trademark then they also have the caliber on the barrel. The anchor mark is the standard inspection mark where the sun is rare being only 2-3 years when another inspection group was involved.