Model 32 manufacture dates

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
lee r moege

Model 32 manufacture dates

Post by lee r moege »

I finally got my Model 32 "bucket list" gun in my hands yesterday and need a little help dating it. I have looked at the Manufacturing Dates and codes on the web site and need someone who knows to see if my assumptions are correct. It is a skeet gun, so marked on the bottom of the reciever. The block between the barrels under the forearm is marked skeet in and out on the left side, the top barrel being the least choke. This was verified by dial bore gage. The chokes are typical with other skeet chokes I have on a side by side. The top barrel is .728 with a .005 choke about 3" long and a .728 parallel section about 1" long at the muzzle. The bottom barrel is .729 with .007 choke in the same configuration. The right side of this block has the anchor test mark above the REP in an oval. Below and to the left is EE and to the right is a symbol I can't identify, it looks like o|o with the circles touching the vertical bar at the center. On the bottom barrel just ahead of the breech block on the barrel itself is stamped D- above a C^. The letters are clear the slash and chevron are faint like they were struck off the barrels before they were finished, fitted and blued. My assumption per the date codes, is that the gun was made in October of 1936 per the EE, and the D and C indicate perhaps the barrels were made in September 1934. The serial number is 39XX which would be mid to late production which substantiates my assumptions I think. This is something that is seen on other doubles occasionally, in particular M-21's where a serial number frame and barrels were made at earlier dates and assembled much later. Can one of you old time Remington guys verify my assumptions and identify the o|o mark ? Thanks, and have a great day! Lee.