Remington advertisement

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
jimmy42

Remington advertisement

Post by jimmy42 »

I have a Remington advetisement/print I dont know which you would call it. On the top it says "Remingtons New patterns of Firearms. Ilion, N.Y. and pictures a total of 13 weapons. Starting on the upper left of the paper is a "vest pocket pistol" under that in the following order is Repeating pistol, Single barrel pistol, self cocking revolver, remingtons improved breech loading rifle, for miliatary. On the uper right of the paper is "Army/Navy revolver under that in the following order Belt revolver, Poloice revolver, new pocket revolver. The there are two on the same line Breech loadin rifle and the "rifle cane" under those is the "revolving breech rifle" On the bottom it reads "In these days of housebreaking and robbery, every dwelling, store, office and bank should have one of the Remington fire arms. I am looking to get some information about this, if anyone knows anything about it please email me @ Trigger0042@comcast.net I will gladly show a photgragh if needed.
DavidFagan

This one I presume...

Post by DavidFagan »

To tell if it's real or a reprint would obviously be if it's indicated in the lower right if not would need to know the exact dimenstions to see if it was trimmed. Jay hopefully can shed some light on the details of this, I just loved it and had to have one.

David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer

Reminton poster

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the response. I checked out the picture you posted. Mine is the same, but does not have the derringer, In your photo the derringer is above the cane gun, like I said mine does not that gun pictured. Also I checked for any markings that would indicate it was a replica, I can't find any. Did you see one without the derringer?? The measurements are 24 x 18 if that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional info!!!

Thank you
Jimmy
DavidFagan

Re: Reminton poster

Post by DavidFagan »

Anonymous wrote:Thank you for the response. I checked out the picture you posted. Mine is the same, but does not have the derringer, In your photo the derringer is above the cane gun, like I said mine does not that gun pictured. Also I checked for any markings that would indicate it was a replica, I can't find any. Did you see one without the derringer?? The measurements are 24 x 18 if that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional info!!!

Thank you
Jimmy
Here it is, I don't think they reproduced this version at least I've never seen it.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
mammothinc

Remington Poster

Post by mammothinc »

I have a copy of the 1982 reproduction poster and it does contain the derringer.

Mike